Saturday 11 May 2013

Retiming a clip for edit's sake!

I have altered my edit to account for my VFX clip's CG falling short of the inital clip's length. I knew I had not tracked the duration of the clip from the inital edit. My thoughts were to take over with a 2D track at a certain point. That, or alter the edit to suit. I have found that this means the successive clip needs to be lengthened to %121 percent of the original.


I welcomed this opportunity to see how having very high frame rates aids retiming software. Having written out a DPX sequence as before I tried switching between frame blending and motion estimation on Nuke's Kronos and OFlow nodes. I suspect the best result will frame blending on Kronos...


... and I was right. Frame blending looked rubbish becuase of the motion on the action. Artefacting through motion estimation was higher on OFlow, so I favoured Kronos' result. Very convincing. Much better than any of your twixtor crap. :p

Just need to write it out and replace the clip in premiere. Happy days.





No comments:

Post a Comment